The Friends aims and objectives
- To assist the Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Luke the Evangelist to fulfil its duty of worship and contribute to the repair, maintenance, improvement of, and additions to the fabric, furnishings and vestments of the church.
- To assist the PCC of St Luke the Evangelist to maintain the garden of remembrance.
- To assist the PCC of St Luke the Evangelist with the cost of the insurance of the building.
- To promote and stimulate public interest in the charitable work and life of St Luke The Evangelist.
- Where appropriate, for members to give their personal services for the promotion of the above purposes.
Who are we?
The Friends are admirers of the building, its history and its community. The Friends are part of St Luke the Evangelist and work together with the PCC to preserve it forever, contributing financially – and directly – to many individual and vital projects.
You might like to join if:
- You want to help to see the building here for future generations for whatever reason.
- You want to have the church available for family occasions such as baptisms, weddings, funerals, but do not worship regularly at St Luke the Evangelist.
- You have enjoyed the refreshments available on Everton Football Club home match days and would like to support the PCC with continuing this facility.
- You have a particular interested in the Remembrance Garden and would like to support the PCC with this facility.
- You may have family ties to the St Luke the Evangelist but have moved away.
- You may have a particular interest in the architecture of the building and its relationship with the local community
Each Year The Friends of St Luke the Evangelist will:
- Hold an open day and annual meeting with welcoming act of worship
- Keep members updated with newsletters and other information
- Arrange social events.
How to Join
Please download the booklet below and send the completed form to the Friends Secretary.
Use the CONTACT FORM on this site and someone will get back to you with more information